Sunday, September 14, 2014

Can't sleep...Clowns will eat me

Just got home from another half a day and night at my home away from home, the Wonderful World of the ER. My feet hurt like the looks of 100% lean ground beef. Since my friends asked me to contribute to their blog, I think I've just totally taken over it with my stories from work! Awesome!
"
And yes, I guess I am a "money whore". That's what Jason the PM charge from med/surge called me. I used to play racketball with him and his wife, Jeanette. They're health nuts and we're all 30somethings. I'm not exactly a health nut, but I have a high metabolism and I need to keep moving.

Got off a 16 hour shift and I can't sleep. Had to do some last minute charting because we had a guy code just after change of shift. And as soon as I got home, there was a Post-It note on my door from Ethan saying "We have to talk". This made me anxious almost instantly because now I'll be mulling over in my mind what "we" have to talk about. I blocked his number. I deleted all our pictures off my phone. I removed everything digital that reminded me of our empty relationship. And now this.

I remember seeing this sticker when I was at the mall last week and I stopped by Hot Topic. A little black and white decal saying "Can't sleep...Clowns will eat me!" It made me laugh so hard right there in the store that the clerks probably thought I was hearing voices. The kind of goofiness that goes on when I was in nursing school at the computer lab and I hear someone burst out laughing in that normally QUIET room.

So now I'm anxious. Just going to make myself a big scrambled egg and spinach sandwich with a glass of ice water and raspberry-flavored water enhancer. The tub's cooling down and I also anxiously awaiting for my new spring shoes to come in. Hopefully it comes in this week. My pain threshold is moving up to the next level.

Man, I wish I hadn't read that note...

Can't sleep...a clown is stalking me.
Can't sleep...a clown is stalking me.
Can't sleep...a clown is stalking me.

No comments: