Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

That was what I heard this morning as I answered my phone to come into work on the serving line. Lucca was short on people today, so she asked if I could fill in. I told her if I did come in, I didn't want to be a server. She said she'd put me on the serving line and that I'd have to help the bussers and dishwashers. "That's fine", I said.

I didn't want to tell her that I had an irate customer cuss me out last night and the last thing I wanted to deal with is people on my day off. The serving line's not too bad. All I have to do was take food out and refill the empty pans and help bus tables. I'm feeling lazy today. I also asked to come in at seven tonight. I have 43 hours this week. I should be in trouble but I have an OK from the manager, Tim. He likes me. I meant, he likes me because I come in for shifts no one wants. And that he can always depend on me.

He doesn't like me THAT way. It would look bad on him playing favorites with the wait staff. At least, I don't think he likes me in a romantic way.

In other news, Cynthia sent me email from Germany! Wow!

She asked how I was doing and if I was seeing anyone to not bring them over to the house. I denied the last part. I don't know how she would take to me having Annie overnight and us being together. I clearly did not initiate anything on Annie. She said after we had Au Gratin potatoes and stir fry I made, "I'm attracted to you, Shannon. I can't help it."

No, I'm not telling Cynthia about her. She said she and her hubby should be back around February and that she'd want me to stay on and do some work for them. If its a paying job, I'm all for it. Or if I continue with the house-sitting, I'm all for that too.

No comments: