Thursday, July 5, 2012

Open to Close

That's my new schedule. Awesome. Closing time is at 2 AM.

It will take some time getting used to this. I don't know if I have the motivation to adjust to this. We'll see.

I ha d an awesome holiday yesterday though. I hung out with Christina and Zack and some of their friends, but as we were headed off to Christina's friend's place, I got a text from Mindy saying she was out of town and wasn't able to get to my resume. Hello? I asked to have it back a week ago. I don't know what's wrong with her, but it seems like she's just too busy to work on it or she doesn't care if I have it or not. I might just have to update it on my own.

I would say, I have some sun on my skin. Actually, a mild sunburn. Arizona has dry heat, whereas, Florida is humid heat and you burst out in sweat the moment you step out of the house. For me, anyway. I'm looking like a blond BLONDE now. Jacob, one of the shift managers, asked me what I was doing for the holiday and I told him I was going to hang out with friends. Its seems like I'm suddenly "popular". Maybe I shouldn't flirt with my coworkers as much as Christina. I like being on the NOT ON ANYBODY'S RADAR mystique. As soon as I get off work, I go straight home--the house that I'm watching for the summer up in the boonies.

I'm being very vague with this as I don't want coworkers to come pinpointing where I'm located, with the exception of Christina, Zack and Mindy. Maybe not even Mindy anymore. I feel we're becoming distant. Jacob asked me if I was old enough to serve liquor too. Heelloo? I told him and he said, "Gosh, you look so young for your age. I'm sorry." Hmm. I wonder if I should take that as a compliment.

Yesterday, it was Christina, Zack, Jose, Samantha, Debbie, Denise, and Marilyn at Samantha's place out in the sticks. Literally. Nobody for at least 15 miles in any direction. Samantha and her fiance, Chris, who is deployed in Afghanistan, live there by themselves. Jose is Zack's best friend from high school. Denise, Debbie and Marilyn are Christina's former coworkers with Samantha. One more clarification: Debbie is Jose's girlfriend. And I don't know whether Denise and Marilyn are an item but they were both interested in me as I caught them staring at me when we were talking in the hot tub.

I brought my Walther P-22 since its small and lightweight in my backpack. That's the first thing I told Christina and Zack when I rode with them. Some people get antsy whenever I tell them I have a firearm in my possession. They were OK with it. They keep a 12 gauge shotgun at their place. Zack is 31 and is a little older than Christina who is 25.

I think I'll take a nap before I have to go to work and stay up till closing time. Ugh.

No comments: