Saturday, June 23, 2012

What Not to put in a Resume

I go in for my interview at Buffalo Wild Wings on Monday! I'm excited! I was actually looking for work at the Green Room restaurant, but I haven't heard back from them.

So yes, I'm looking forward to working at last. I was thinking that I can make a lot of tips here--I'm hoping for the best. Just a summer income to get me by as I don't know when Cynthia and her husband will be back. The last email I got from them was a week ago saying that they had business to do in Sri Lanka and that they won't be back til December or so.

Its fine by me. I'm actually on my own out here in the West. Arizona. I never thought I'd be actually out here in the wild West. In the mean time, I've been updating my resume and all that stuff I learned about writing resumes with "Objective" and info about myself, well, according to some resume builders, that that's irrelevant stuff to put in my resume.

I've compiled a small list here--I'll use this entry to reference since I'm here at the library typing this out. Can't get Internet where I live because signals don't reach out into the forestland.

1) Don't list an objective
2) Don't put down high school stuff
3) Don't list your accomplishments
4) Don't post languages fluent in
5) Bulleted list  preferable
6) Don't put too much personal info

... I'll add to this when I get the draft Mindy did. I asked her if she could write mine up. I know it needs a lot of work before I send it out.  I also need to know how to write a cover letter. I've never had to write one up before, so I guess there's a first time for everything.

:)

No comments: