Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Technophobe no more

I HAD to get a cellphone because being in a new location miles away from family, well it became a necessity. Back when I lived in Pensacola, I knew all the people I needed to be in my life so I really didn't need a cellphone. I felt trapped by it. Leashed. If people wanted to get hold of me, they left messages on my land line and I got back to them when I got home as my routine was that friends knew I was never home.

Money whoring myself and all that. :)

So now that I'm in Arizona, I've had to get a cellphone. To keep in touch with my parents and the job requires it. I mostly get calls from work. And every now and then, Mom and Dad call to see how I'm doing and if I need money. I told them that the only pain in the ass is that everything is spread out unlike in Pensacola. But then again, I have to get used to my new surroundings.

I got the htc EVO Shift which has a keyboard and a touch screen. Wooo. For a technophobe like me, this is horror! I'm not a true technophobe, but trying to wrap my head around this gadget makes my head dizzy. The saleswoman when she was describing it for me ASSUMING that I was into all the new apps and stuff, lost me in a labyrinth of word salad. One thing I do like, is youtube.

I can actually see all the videos to songs that I've loved in the past! This one by Patty Smyth, "Hands Tied". I know its an old eighties song, but I still love it! Made me think of Jen for a minute but then again...I've moved on past her. The lyrics ring true inside me.


There is a girl that has caught my eye. Her name is Christina and even though she has a boyfriend, she and I talk/flirt at work. We kind of give the cooks something to talk about. One time I heard Jose say, "Man, what I would give to spend a night with those two blondes".  Christina and I just winked at him. I don't know what I would do if I were with a guy. The last one was Mark in Pensacola and he turned out to be clingy and needy. Too much for me. I like to be independent and have my identity instead of being lashed on to the relationship.

Christina, she's an enigma to me. I like that. A lot. :p

No comments: