Thursday, April 19, 2012

New prospect

I helped this guy move some garden stuff; shrubbery, bags of potting soil, garden tools, and other crap and he pays me $50 for an hour's worth of work! I'm not complaining: I need the money. But then he gives me his number and asks me to call him sometime if I want to hang out. He already knows my number. I had to give it out, something I never should have done. I'm canceling phone services with Cox at the end of the month when I move out of the apartment.

So Mark, that's his name, called me just a couple of minutes ago JUST to chit chat. I told him I'm not dating and its by choice. I'm not interested in blond guys since I am a dirty blond myself. I don't care for bleaching my hair out either. Seems like everywhere I look, everybody's a blond here in West Florida.

At the end of the conversation, he asks me if I wanted to grab a beer at Hooters. Hooters? Of all places! Then he says, "Hey, its not like we're dating. I just wanna ask you if you want to go grab a beer with me."

"Just you?"

"Yeah. Just me."

"Well if its just you and not your buddies or whatever. I'm not gonna be on your arm like some trophy."

"Hey relax. Its just me."

"I have one condition if you want to ask me out."

"Oh boy. What is it?"

"I pack heat. If that's going to bother you, then no deal."

"What, a gun?"

"Yeah."

"Hm. I don't know now. You know how to use that thing?"

"Which one, the .380 or the .9mm?"

"You have two?"

"Actually, I have four handguns, 2 rifles and a shotgun. I only have the .380 and the 9mm here. The rest are back home."

"Shit."

"If you can handle a lady with a gun, and I have a license to carry concealed, then I'm in. I just like knowing I'm safe."

After some hesitation in his voice, he agreed. I get the feeling he's intimidated that I can handle myself. I didn't tell him I have four brothers to boot. Oh well. I'll tell him that tonight...if he doesn't dump me before we go out the door. :D

I got this.


~Shannon

No comments: