Friday, April 13, 2012

If I fall


I woke up an hour ago and realized its the weekend! WOOHOO!!

I don't have to work til Sunday but my schedule sucks because I only work three days and all of them breakfast shifts. I'm not a morning person, but I'm not complaining much. When the breakfast rush is over, we immediately go to shift change and the lunch crowd come pouring in.

I don't have to share my tips either! I get the front section where the windows and booths are and whomever the other waitress is, gets what I don't have. On a good shift I'll make $200-300 and the most I've ever made was $350! But like I said, I only work three days which blows and they're not even consecutive. Sure, I WOULD LOVE Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, but no. I get Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I'm not worried about it too much now since I'll be going to Flagstaff in a couple of months. I just need to keep my funds up till May. I have some leftover grant money so that's my emergency stash fund.

Always have a Plan B but I'm overly paranoid. I have a Plan C too.

Kind of like when my desktop crashed with the blue screen of hell, I had to switch over to my handy dandy ole laptop. It was a hand-me-down, but it still works. Besides, its Friday the 13th and good or bad, anything's bound to happen. So be prepared!


*wink, wink*

~Shannon

No comments: