Thursday, September 18, 2014

Float pool

I'm not going to L&D anymore.

Since I pick up shifts on the behavioral health Annex, the nurse manager there asked me if I could cover shifts on their unit while the nurse who normally works it, is on medical leave. They had a Code 13 and while she was going to give the Ativan cocktail, the patient broke loose security's grip and whacked her head against the wall, unconscious. Luckily the charge nurse was able to recover the syringe, call the doc and make up another one, while more security restrained the patient and put him in five points.

Hmm.

They should have had him secured in the first place. I heard it was a mess. Jason and I were talking at lunch today.

"Aw you're such a sweetheart, covering psych shifts, money whore."
"Really? And the weird thing is, Lori came to L&D where I was orienting and talked to Kristina and so on and so on. Then Kristina asked me to come to the office and we all three had that talk."
"You must be special."
"Shut up, dude."
"Why don't you just put yourself on the float pool, that way, you can go everywhere like a whore."

Unless I'm irritated, I usually ignore his snide remarks. Can't take everything personally.

"Hmm. I never thought of that."
"You'll be a well-rounded individual."
"Yeah. I guess."
"I'll have to talk to Margie about it first. She likes me in Pod 7 because no other nurse wants to work back there. Its easy really."

No comments: