Thursday, January 2, 2014

Post New Year's Day

Switchblade and I were downstairs on the sofa talking about random things yesterday. She was having an anxiety attack along with her cup of wine. So we sat down and had a long talk about Vader--that's the name she gives her ex, and she was visibly shaken about losing her job, her house, her kids, everything. I calmed her fears down that when I have a second job, she'll be able to be a little bit more stable cuz I'm renting her downstairs room and she'll be my landlord. Her house is big enough. And all I suggested that she take one day at a time and don't take on more than she can handle.

I don't label our relationship cuz it gets too complicated and awkward. I just think of us as best friends and lovers. I don't know what else to call it so I'll leave it at that. Unconventional. I have an interview coming up this next week and from what Switchblade has told me, that others at her hospital have been trying for months to get on there and when she told her coworkers I got a call back within three weeks for being an "outsider", they all seem surprised. I don't know what the deal is.

I'm still stressing about getting a second job.

I need one, but she was telling me that its better to have one job that pays well than working two puissant jobs for pennies. I don't want to be crawling back to my family, a failure.

No comments: