Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Summertime Sadness

I love that song by Lana Del Rey.

Switchblade. I love her to pieces but sometimes I want to wring her neck cuz she plays these manipulative little ploys if she doesn't get her way.  For example, I told her my new schedule has me working everyday this week till my last day off, which cuts into my original plan of leaving Dodge and hitting the road for Atlanta on the 22nd. Then she tells me not to travel during Christmas cuz of all the heavy traffic on the interstate which makes sense. Logically, the more I think about it, her advice seems valid. Then she texts me this morning, "Look, I'm not feeling anything. Catch up with me in a few days if you are still coming".

It took me a couple of hours to get the gist of it and my gay friend, JP, says "I hope you see she's playing a manipulation game there". And I respond, "Of course! And that's the reason I want to wrong her neck off!" Pouty little miss cuz she can't have it her way and it's beyond my control! I can't help it if I got a shitty schedule! I can't even get my crap out of storage if I have to work all week!

So Little Miss Ray of Sunshine will just have to deal without me being there for Christmas. I'll get there when I get there. But I AM GOING TO ARRIVE THERE. And I've noticed, the longer we're apart, the more we argue. I miss her too but if I can't control the shituation, then it's out of my hands.

No comments: