Monday, April 16, 2012

Sickness

Finals around the corner. Eugh.

I made a little over $275 in tips yesterday which is great, but I stayed til closing because the other girl didn't show up for work. I had to wait on her tables and a couple of them were big tables. Not necessarily big tippers, but every little bit counts.

As soon as I got home, I took a shower to get the restaurant smell off me and laid in bed for a while, just letting the ceiling fan blow cool air over my body. I laid there on the bed with a towel over my head and let the one around me drop. I didn't know I was being watched. Tori tried to wake me up but she said I was out of it. She covered me up and the next thing I knew when I woke up was me being wrapped in the bed sheet.

Tori was already awake at 3 AM. She doesn't do much of anything except study for botany classes. I walked into her room with the sheets still wrapped around me. She said she was worried because when she wrapped me up, she took my temp and I had a low grade fever. I think I'm coming down with something. I don't feel well. And I feel depressed and down in the dumps. Tori says I need to get checked out before I check out. She makes me laugh. Second best room mate I've ever had.

She's a bookworm and I'm a workaholic. Funny pair we make. I need to start studying too. My grades are what I call decent: straight Bs. Average. Nothing to brag home about. Charlotte says I need to apply myself if I'm to get into nursing school. I'm not really worried about it now. I have too much going on. I'll worry about it when the time comes like when I'm flunking, which hasn't happened.


~Shannon

No comments: