Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Alternator and everything else

I had the upstairs neighbor take a look at my van--its an old Chevy Astro van. Not only did the vehicle not start, there a was a huge leak from around the oil pan!!

Its like the van just went up and died while spilling its guts out because it knew I wasn't going to fix it. I thanked my neighbor for all his troubles and gave him $20. He's somewhat in the same boat I'm in. I don't want to, but I'll have to call my parents on this one.

As for my life, I'm currently finishing up a semester at UWF (University of West Florida) before I go back to the ranch. Not really looking forward to it, but hey. Its home. And home is where the heart is. Up til today when the van died, I was on the wait staff at a local steak house. Bare minimum wage plus tips. Busting my butt and going to school with little time for a social life.

I guess I really don't need one at the moment, but it'd help my 'social networking' skills as I'm lacking in the field. I don't like my coworkers: the bus persons, the other waitresses, waiters, but the cooks are nice to me to say the least.

On top of it all, I need new glasses. The screw on the left lens came off as I got hit with a football last weekend at the beach. I happened to have the right of way, but the douche who threw the ball said he was aiming for his friend who was nowhere near me. I think there's a conspiracy.

I don't have time to think about it. Just get my check for this week, pay for new glasses and then home sweet home at the ranch. I feel much more confident when I'm home instead of the city. Granted, I have my pistols with me, but some how, I just feel safer at home instead of this ratty student ghetto.

That's it for now. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: