Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Cannibal Eye

Its a dog-eat-dog out here. Too many people clamoring for the same job no matter how miniscule. Like cannibals, feeding on each other. I've been job hunting since February 10th, and nothing steady. Registered myself with three temp agencies and the jobs either close down or the shifts laid off. Tonight I'll start my "dry run" at UPS to see if I'll be able to handle the fast paced work environment.

The hiring manager said to all THREE of us that were present last Monday to watch the seven-minute video and "everything that's on there, multiply it times 50. This is a job that requires you being told what to do. If you don't like being told what to do, then this isn't for you. I like to tell people that because your supervisors will watch you closely for the first couple of weeks and then after that, you'll be on your own."

I don't care about all that; I'm not easily intimidated. I was in in the military and I was always being told what to do. The government OWNED my ass. I just need to get income going so I can make next month's car payment and insurance and hopefully, keep my phone turned on. I'm tired of surviving/barely surviving. Time to pull up my boot straps and dig in for a long-term goal: to be financially stable.

That's what I want.


No comments: