Monday, May 7, 2012

$5 Rock

I put in my two weeks notice yesterday.

As I went to get a tray of silverware when the rush died down, I walked into a conversation with Juan, one of the dishwashers and Leah, one of the four waitresses besides myself on the floor. Juan and Leah were talking about crack.

I pretended not to notice but couldn't help myself because Leah was tearing into Juan about there's no such thing as a "five dollar crack rock". She was going on and how when she lived in Tulsa, that she did a lot of drugs when she was younger and repeating to Juan that he must have fried his brains as there was no such thing.

I just stood there and laughed! I couldn't help it. Juan was full of himself and saw me laughing.

"Piss off, Shannon. This is an A and B conversation so C your way out".

"Hey! I need silverware and you're holding up progress, mister. And don't ask me about that because I have no clue. I was just laughing at what Leah said".

I went out to the lobby to stock up on cereal and in the kitchen, I could hear Leah ripping him a new one. Awesome! From their conversation, this is what I gather: I'm guessing cocaine is expensive and going about getting crack from cocaine would be spendy...so where would he get five dollars for it?

I have no clue. Maybe he gets it at a discount or something. Anyway, I made great tips from the big table in the back. They left me $50 for a party of eight. I can't complain. Its good money sometimes, but I need to do something with my life. I can't see me being a professional student or going to school forever.

No comments: